About Gauthier + Associates
Gauthier + Associates is an international law firm which was established in 1984 with extensive ongoing involvement in commercial transactions.
Our firm handles all types of corporation and business legal matters including the incorporation of companies, purchase and sale of businesses, corporate finance, franchising, license and distribution agreements, intellectual property and joint ventures.
We are associated with the International Grouping of Accountants and Lawyers (IGAL) with offices in nearly 50 countries.
We are equipped to serve our clients in English and French.
Jacques P. Gauthier, Ph.D.
- Admitted to the Canadian Bar Association in 1976
- Obtained doctorate from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in 2007
- Founder and Chairman of the Canadian Bar Association, Ontario Section official Languages Committee from 1985 to 1989
- Received the award for dedicated service to the profession from the Canadian Bar Association in 1989
- Founder, Chair and Lecturer at the Institute in French of the Canadian Bar Association, 1987, 1988. 1989, 1990
- Co-Founder of the Canadian Foundation for Children, Youth and the Law(1978)
- President of the Association des juristes d'expression francaise de l'Ontario (1982-1986)
- Director, Vice-President, secretary and legal counsel of the French Chamber of Commerce in Canada (1986-2007)
- Co-Founder and member of Board of Directors of Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Canada (1995-2007)
- Founder of Lycée Français de Toronto, legal counsel (1995-2000)
- Board member of the Alliance Française (2005-present)